Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm learning to hunt for you

For the first time in never, I think I am ready to be in a relationship.  I think that I have moved on enough from my ex-beloved and out of the middle of that something I was in with him/without him.  I am no longer “in the middle of something.”  And I feel ready.  Almost anxiously so.  But I feel this danger in being so ready.  It makes me feel like I might settle for something/someone just to have it whereas all my life I’ve settled for nothing in hopes of waiting for something more meaningful, something more real, something more like love.  I don’t know what opportunity looks like, or feels like.  For now, I find myself waiting.  I fear that I wait in fear.  First, I need to learn what love looks like, how to recognize it, how to feel it.  

No comments: